As you already know, the past month has been a whirlwind that no one could have predicted. Most of us have had to make major adjustments in our lives to ensure the health and safety of ourselves and others. Being self-employed, realtors face the challenge of deciding whether to take time off, or potentially not having the option financially, to stop working due to COVID-19. This pushes agents to take alternative actions, promoting health and wellness, while also serving our clients’ needs to the best degree.
Real estate is a face-to-face industry, heavily reliant on human contact and physical location. The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to change our traditional methods of doing our jobs and reinvent them. Luckily, technology is working in our favor, and allowing us to connect with our clients in a safe and practical way.
Here are the preventative measures Csumrik & Associates have taken to promote client and staff safety:
- Social Distancing – This has been a key rule we have been following. We recommend that all consultation occurs over the phone, email, video call, etc. We are also ensuring that staff and clients are keeping a safe distance away from one another, not to come within 6 ft. of each other.
- Personal Protective Equipment – When visiting a listing, it is crucial for both the listing agent and clients to be wearing masks and sanitizing hands frequently in order to protect themselves. Gloves are also an option if the client requests. If you are in need of a reusable mask, please let Marci know.
- No More Open Houses – Open houses are a great way to connect people to your home, however, social gatherings are a huge NO during a pandemic. Instead, Csumrik & Associates is offering virtual tours of all our listings so you can view it from home!
- Sanitize – Everywhere we go, whether it be the office or a listing, we are always mindful to bring sanitizing wipes to clean off doorknobs and other surfaces before and after entry.
- House Showings – If a client requests a house showing, we take extra precautions to ensure a safe environment. In addition to disinfecting, we ask homeowners to turn on all lights and open all doors prior, to reduce the amount of surface contact.
- Supporting Local Businesses – Now more than ever, local businesses are heavily relying on their community for support. Hungry for dinner? Dozens of local restaurants are offering pick-up and delivery options. Missing your retail therapy? Check out all the local businesses going online – many offering FREE shipping! Visit the Orillia & Lake Country tourism page for a full list of businesses.
- Care for the Community – Its time’s like these where our community has come together and done some incredible things. There are many local initiatives we have had the pleasure to work on such as the #CanSew mask project, the Orillia Youth Centre Orange Door Project, and supporting our local healthcare heroes. Check out the CareMongerers Orillia Facebook group to learn more about local initiatives.
Although we have had to make some major changes in the way we conduct business, we are happy to say we are still working hard to make our client’s dreams, a reality. Housing and shelter are a necessity and business is not as usual but we are making it work. It is now a need vs. want when making the decision to put your house on the market during this global crisis. The future is still an unchartered territory, and we don’t know if the market will shift. However, it is important to keep in mind that these trends could indicate a buyers’ market in the upcoming months.
Follow us on Instagram to see more of what goes on behind the scenes!
If you have any questions or comments regarding this article or about buying/listing a home contact us!